Thursday, September 17, 1998

GI CHUCK

In 1998, when I still had a beard, I made a custom 12 inch action figure of myself. I did it mainly because a friend of mine had made a headsculpt of himself, and I wanted to one-up him by making a head AND an illustrated box. I ultimately made about 10 of these and sent them to various longtime friends who I thought would appreciate it. I sculpted the head, and made a cast, and then used a Gi Joe body and basic modern uniform with a padded belly to complete my inaction figure, complete with junk food grip!
PHOTO OF FINAL FIGURE AND BOX

BOX ART
The box art was designed to fit onto a Cotswald box, since I had several of them lying around.
PLEASE keep in mind, that this was PRE-war. I have nothing but pity for the poor national guardsmen dragged away from their barbeques to Iraq!

A 3-d view of the box.

Around the same time, my friend Moe made his own special action figure, so I did this logo for him.

No comments: